There are MONSTERS on my blog!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Not just cakes..

So my need to practice the baking religion doesn't stop at cakes.  That would be bad.  So I also adopted those beautiful bites of loveliness we call cup cakes.  Just enough, not too much.. but an opportunity to fill that tiny paper cup with bites of yummy goodness.

Here are my three favorite types to bake.. One I like to call the PMS Cupcake. It's a chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache, filled with chocolate chips, of course.  Number two, is simply a fresh strawberry cupcake - the batter is filled with fresh berries and lemon zest to bring out the flavor in the berries. Then I top it with fresh strawberry marscarpone icing... yum yum :P  Finally, a fan favorite amongst my friends;  a vanilla bean cupcake with salted caramel melted inside, topped with a caramel butter cream and lightly dusted with sea salt and caramel sauce. Mmmm Mmmm good!

Here's a shot where I made them for a friend's baby shower.. decorated with  giraffes, palm trees and monkeys.. VERY cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment